Thursday, April 18, 2013

Beranda » » Miranda Kerr confirms she's leaving Victoria's Secret - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com

Miranda Kerr confirms she's leaving Victoria's Secret - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com

Miranda Kerr is hanging up her wings.

The Aussie angel confirmed she is parting ways with Victoria's Secret, the lingerie brand that made her a household name.

In an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Kerr denied claims made last week that she was dropped by the brand due to her diva reputation.

Calling the reports surprising, Kerr said, ''I'm sure anyone that has worked with me would agree that it's not true."

She said the move was her decision and it comes as she approaches her 30th birthday and reprioritizes her life.

''The thing is, I've been modelling since I was 13,'' Kerr said. ''I'm now entering a new phase in my life. I have felt this coming since my son was born and, after I became a mother, I realized I needed to prioritize my time."

Kerr is married to actor Orlando Bloom and the couple have a 2-year-old son, Flynn.

The supermodel said she plans to focus more on her family and launch other personal business ventures, as well as pursue less-demanding opportunities.

''I'm just not in a position to commit to a full contract at this time,'' Kerr said. ''It's three months at a bare minimum.''

She is currently under contract with Qantas Airlines, Clear Hair & Scalp Therapy, Samantha Thavasa and Reebok. She's also the global face of Mango clothing brand and is ambassador for Kids Helpline.

Kerr said she will always be "grateful to" Victoria's Secret for helping her launch her U.S. career and will continue to work for the brand, but under a less strict contract. She's already signed on to walk in its annual fashion show.

Last week, Ed Razek, president and chief marketing officer for Victoria's Secret, paid homage to the supermodel and said the brand "has no plans to stop working with her."

"Miranda Kerr is one of the best models in the history of the business â€" and easily one of the most popular," Razek said. "She is also a consummate professional ... she will always be an angel to me."

RELATED COVERAGE:

• Miranda Kerr out as Victoria's Secret Angel?

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/04/miranda_kerr_victorias_secret_1.html