Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beranda » » Madonna's Scout and about - The Sun

Madonna's Scout and about - The Sun

MADONNA goes from Material Girl to Boy Scout as she dresses up for an awards bash to celebrate gay rights.

The 54-year-old Queen of Pop donned the navy blue uniform, neck-tie and hat to present the 24th annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Awards in New York yesterday.

Saluting with the V-sign before her ten minute on-stage stint, the blonde completed her look with bulky lace-up boots and red lipstick.

Madonna dressed as a Boy Scout

'Stupid rules' ... Madonna slammed the Boy Scouts' anti-gay policy

Madge got a roar of laughter from the audience when she quipped: “I wanted to be a Boy Scout, but they wouldn’t let me join.”

She added: “I can build a fire. I know how to pitch a tent. I have a very good sense of direction. I can rescue kittens from trees.

“Listen, I wanna do for the community. But most importantly, I know how to scout for boys.”

Madonna on stage

Fighting for gay rights ... the mum-of-four hit out at bullies

The Die Another Day singer then addressed the American organisation’s controversial ban on gay scouts and scout leaders.

She said: “I think that I should be allowed to be a Boy Scout and I think they should change their stupid rules.”

Before handing Anderson Cooper his award, the mum-of-four also said she wanted to “cry a river of tears” at the thought of young people being bullied.

She said: “I have teenagers of my own now and the idea of them or any young person experiencing that kind of pain is unfathomable to me.

“It’s an atrocity to me. I don’t accept it.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4846290/madonna-dresses-as-a-boy-scout-to-celebrate-gay-rights.html