Friday, June 14, 2013

Beranda » » Salma Hayek: 'I was completely disfigured by 50lb pregnancy weight gain'

Salma Hayek: 'I was completely disfigured by 50lb pregnancy weight gain'

By Daily Mail Reporter

|

Salma Hayek has described her heavily pregnant body as 'completely disfigured.'

The 46-year-old gained 50lbs before giving birth to her daughter Valentina in 2007 and tells Glamour magazine's Glam Belleza Latina it changed the way she views herself.

New outlook: Salma Hayek, pictured with husband Francois in London last year, says pregnancy made her 'appreciate' her body

New outlook: Salma Hayek, pictured with husband Francois in London last year, says pregnancy made her 'appreciate' her body

Baby on board: The actress in June 2007 just before the birth of her daughter

Baby on board: The actress in June 2007 just before the birth of her daughter

The Mexican actress, who moved to the US in 1991, told the publication: 'I gained so much weight, I got an opportunity to see myself completely disfigured in many different ways - for a very good reason - and I don't regret it for a second.

'That's when I started appreciating my body. The things that I used to criticize, they were not that bad after all.'

Of regaining her pre-pregancy body, she said with a laugh: 'I did get it back, shockingly.'

She said that like many women, she's struggled with her self-image: 'We've got to fight for our confidence every day in modern life because we live in a society that is very harsh to women.

'You have to be smart and successful and a good mother and beautiful and young and skinny forever.'

Salma, who is married French billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault, now stays in hape with the help of juices and even has her own detox drink programe, Cooler Cleanse.

'My favorite is the green one,' she says, referring a spinach, kale, and celery blend.

'If I had to eat all those vegetables, it would be a drag. But in the juice, they taste really good.'

She is currently promoting the July 12 release of  Grown Ups 2, which also stars Adam Sandler and Chris Rock.

No regrets: Salma in Venice in May with Francois and their daughter Valentina

No regrets: Salma in Venice in May with Francois and their daughter Valentina

 

Source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2341907/Salma-Hayek-I-completely-disfigured-50lb-pregnancy-weight-gain.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490