Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beranda » » Downton Abbey Star Credits Series Four As 'Best Series Ever' As Paul Giamatti And Tom Cullen Join Cast

Downton Abbey Star Credits Series Four As 'Best Series Ever' As Paul Giamatti And Tom Cullen Join Cast

It looks like we're going to be in for a treat when Downton Abbey returns to our screens later this year after Downton star Brendan Coyle declared that the fourth series of the hit period drama is the "best series ever".

Happy with what will happen to the residents (both Upstairs and Downstairs) residing at Downton Abbey, Brendan, who plays the role of John Bates, told Digital Spy:

"I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's our best series ever. It's certainly my best series ever. I'm really, really grateful for Julian for that. My storylines are phenomenal... And I'm not going to die in a car crash!"

Brendan thinks the new series of Downton is the best (WENN)

The actor also joked about his relationship with fellow Downton star Shirley MacLaine, who made her appearance on the hit period drama during the third series, said:

"We're in love and we're moving to Santa Fe. She's invited me to her ranch. I love Shirley MacLaine.

Commending Shirley's work ethic on set of Downton, Brendan continued: "She's just great. The cast adore her and she got stuck in. She had to adjust to the way we film over here. She was like, 'It's pissing down and you're still filming?' But she adjusted to it beautifully. She's a great crack. She's great and she's seen it all. There's no airs and graces or front.

"She's able to laugh off the things written about her. When she's asked about the things said about her and Maggie Smith, she says, 'Well we were lovers in a previous life'. She's canny."

Meanwhile, with the likes of Garry Carr and most recently Paul Giamatti confirmed to be joining Dame Maggie Smith, Elizabeth McGovern and Michelle Dockery on the drama, it's been claimed the good looking actor will also be joining the show as Lady Mary's rumoured new love interest.

Whilst we don't doubt that he will impress the viewers, there is only one person Tom wants to impress and that's his Gran. Speaking to the Metro about how his family and friends reacted when they heard he was going to be in the hit ITV1 drama, the 27 year-old actor said:

"My friends and family are so excited. My grandma was absolutely over the moon, it's her favourite show. That was really nice to be able to tell her i was in it."

We can't wait to see Tom Cullen on Downton Abbey! (Splash News)

And it appears that Tom isn't too fazed about the success of Downton in America. Not wanting to think about having fame across the pond, Tom continued to comment:

"To be honest I'm not even thinking about America. If I was to start thinking about the enormity of Downton and the size of the project then I wouldn't be able to be very truthful to the work. I would start to watch myself too much.

"I'm not evening thinking about it. Who knows what will happen."

Source : http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/118826/Downton-Abbey-Star-Credits-Series-Four-As-Best-Series-Ever-As-Paul-Giamatti-And-Tom-Cullen-Join-Cast