Friday, May 24, 2013

Beranda » » Richie Sambora denies drink and drugs

Richie Sambora denies drink and drugs

RICHIE Sambora is all smiles on a lunch date - despite the war of words he is embroiled in with ex-bandmate Jon Bon Jovi.

Earlier this week the singer stunned fans by implying Richie left due to a history of substance abuse.

Jon, 50, hinted to the Evening Standard that the 53-year-old guitarist may have quit Bon Jovi's latest world tour because of the same reason he quit in 2011, when he missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse.

He said: "It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something... Because all I can say is this - it’s for personal reasons.

"He's been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time."

He added: "You have a choice â€" you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band."

Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi

Together ... Richie and Jon perform in happier times

But Richie told the MailOnline: "I don't have any major problems in life right now, I love my fans and I feel bad for them at the moment. Bottom line.

"My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back."

He added: "Jon needs to stop talking about me publicly. I am fine working very hard on my fashion company Nikki Rich and this is a private matter."

But giving a thumbs up to new possibilities as he left a restaurant in West Hollywood with his fashion partner Nikki Lund, Richie hinted the pair may yet bury the hatchet.

The iconic rocker suggested he might surprise Bon Jovi fans and appear at Hyde Park on July 5 if talks with Jon can be resolved by then.

He said: "I would love to be in London for the Hyde Park Bon Jovi show... Let's see what happens."

A close friend of the musician said: "Richie just wishes Jon would let things resolve calmly without trash-talking."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4941281/Richie-Sambora-denies-drink-and-drugs.html